Trinity Lutheran Church

About Us

About Us

Contact Us

History

Location

Staff

Visitor
Information

Trinity Lutheran Church History

Holy Ghost Church (est. 1871) and Our Savior’s Lutheran Church (est. 1877) merged in 1943 to form Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church. The original churches were founded by Danish immigrants and it was not until 1908 that English was introduced in worship services. By 1918, English language services were being conducted bi-monthly.

The oldest portion of the present church was constructed in 1949, with an educational unit added in 1964. In 1982, rebuilding of the organ, installing an oak ceiling in the sanctuary, a public address system, adding insulation and other energy saving projects were completed.

In 1987, an expansion project added a larger fellowship hall, a new kitchen, an attractive atrium-style lounge off the sanctuary, a chapel, library, and several much needed classrooms for youth and adults. In 1990 our perennial problem of inadequate parking was addressed by purchasing three adjoining lots and developed them into a new parking area.

In 1998, a new south entrance was added, along with large handicapped restrooms, an elevator, a new nursery; and rearranged classrooms, kitchen and hall space was completed.

Trinity's Tiny Treasures Preschool was organized and welcomed 3 and 4-year-olds into the program in the fall of 2001.Classes are held in the downstairs education wing on the west end of the building.

Trinity birthed a sister ELCA congregation, Living Waters Community Church, on February 6, 2005. An associate pastor of Trinity, Rev. Jim Bump, was called as pastor to this new congregation.

On September 3, 2011 groundbreaking occurred on an expansion project that was many years in the making. A new sanctuary was completed and dedicated on June 24, 2012, that expands seating capacity, offers more space up front for musicians and choirs, and includes new technology to enhance the worship experience for our members and visitors. A new office wing was also added to offer our staff more visibility to God’s people they serve.

New classroom, rehearsal, and meeting space was completed in the unfinished space below the sanctuary in 2014. This space is used by church groups, choirs, and community groups.

After several years of updated lighting, and finally replacing the six old boilers with two new energy-efficient ones in 2015, Trinity applied for an Energy Star certification. Our building now qualifies as an Energy Star Partner and is certified by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency.